Monday, July 28, 2014

"These Broken Stars" Review

Hey,

I just realized that I'd promised a review that I never put up in time! Sorry. :(
I never was able to finish the book (I lost interest towards the end, and it became time to return the book back to the library). Therefore, I will not be telling you many detailed thoughts of mine about the book, since I never actually finished it, and my thoughts could have varied according to how the book ends.

Here is the summary that comes with the book:
It's a night like any other on board the Icarus. Then, catastrophe strikes: the massive luxury spaceliner is yanked out of hyperspace and plummets into the nearest planet. Lilac LaRoux and Tarver Merendsen survive. And they seem to be alone. 

Lilac is the daughter of the richest man in the universe. Tarver comes from nothing, a young war hero who learned long ago that girls like Lilac are more trouble than they're worth. But with only each other to rely on, Lilac and Tarver must work together, making a tortuous journey across the eerie, deserted terrain to seek help.

My Thoughts on the First 2/3 of the Book:
This book was excellent for the first 2/3 of the book. It was very fast-paced, and exciting to keep reading. Usually the beginnings of books are slow, and not very interesting, but this was anything but that. The first chapter itself drew me in, and made me want to keep reading about Tarver, Lilac, and the Icarus. I lot interest towards the middle-3/4 portion, because I felt that some of the ideas going on were kind of repetitive. I think if I were to read the book again, it might be a better read for me. So far, I would give the book a rating of 4/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment